We are Hiring – Quality Manager
Aubren applies its engineering and business expertise to help companies design, make and deliver outstanding air management products. Clients outsource their product design and fabrication to Aubren so that they are free to focus on other key aspects of their business.
Aubren has ambitious plans to develop strong domestic and export sales growth for its contract design and manufacturing services as well as the direct marketing of ‘own brand’ air handling products. The success of the business rests in the hands of an ambitious, dedicated and skillful executive team who experience the excitement of seeing their expertise make a significant contribution to client company success.
The Quality Manager reports to the MD and works closely with other functional leaders in the company, including those in finance, sales, materials, operations and technical. The Quality Manager shall have authority over and responsibility for the quality systems appropriate to the company.
- Ensure that quality system requirements are successfully established and effectively maintained.
- Report on the performance of the quality system.
- Maintain a quality plan which defines the quality practices, resources, and activities relevant to devices that are designed and manufactured by the company
- Establish and maintain system procedures and instructions.
- Advise regarding adequate organisational structure to ensure that devices are designed and produced in accordance with customer requirements.
- Perform all work and assessment activities, including internal and external audits, to meet the requirements of customers and Company Quality Policy.
- Support audits from external regulatory agencies and customers as well as preparation activities in advance of such audits.
- Initiate / Approve validation protocols and reports.
- Review the suitability and effectiveness of the quality system at defined intervals and with sufficient frequency according to established procedures ensuring that the quality system satisfies the requirements of customers and the company’s established quality policy and objectives.
- Document the dates and results of quality system reviews.
- Manage non-conforming materials and co-ordinate corrective actions both internally and externally.
- Provide training in the use of measuring equipment and proper procedure for first article inspection
- Monitor all manufacturing and test equipment to ensure all are calibrated correctly.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and work with other managers to drive improvement programs.
- Establish procedures for identifying training needs and ensure that all personnel are trained to adequately perform their assigned responsibilities. Document training activities.
- Ensure product design and manufacturing processes are optimized and controlled to generate product quality and reliability to meet all customer and regulatory requirements.
- Identify appropriate ‘Lean’ manufacturing initiatives and oversee their implementation throughout the company.
- Gather, understand and convert customer data into usable manufacturing information.
- Use statistical knowledge and expertise to conduct process improvement studies in order to optimize production process and provide quality engineering support to the facility, including validation and risk management, and origination and review of technical documentation (e.g. FMEA).
- Ensure that, as the company grows, quality system capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, reliability and responsiveness.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to the Company Safety Statement and all aspects of safe working practices including, but not limited to, PPE, manual handling and chemical handling and awareness.
- Work closely with the fellow Managers on manufacturing plans, goals, and future product innovations.
- Play an active role in senior-level negotiations with client companies and manufacturing partners.
- Partner with sales team to meet with customers to discuss and set quality goals appropriate to their requirements.
- Make recommendations and decisions regarding tooling, capital equipment and facility improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of quality control systems in an ISO 9001, ISO 13485:2012, UL and FDA environment.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyse data and determine root cause of problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and co-ordinate multiple, changing deadlines.
- At least 7 years of experience in a Quality Engineering role, with 2 in a supervisory level position.
- Experience in quality management, from product development through to creation of finished products.
- Established relationships with the full range of sub-contract manufacturers and familiarity with their quality control capabilities.
- Success deploying commercial products into medium to high volume production with fast time-to-market and cost-sensitivity requirements.
- Lead Auditor Certified Training and experience of conducting Quality Audits.
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- BS in Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality Systems
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date – September 2017